The original Memorial Assembly Hall was opened in 1928, the result of the legendary Headmaster J P Firth's long-cherished aim: to honour the memory and courage of his boys who died in the Great War.
In 1968, after being the hub of College life for 40 years, the Memorial Hall was deemed to be an earthquake risk and was subsequently pulled down and replaced.
During the last 45 years, the College roll has doubled to its present size of 1750 students, so it can now accommodate only half of its student body.
For many years now there has been a pressing need for Wellington College to have an assembly hall that allows its Headmaster to address all his students at one time and to provide a performing environment for its many talented musicians and dramatists that can be appreciated by large audiences.
Please help us to future-proof the College by making the new Memorial Hall and Performing Arts Centre a reality.
Your donation will help provide a new footprint for the future. Please CLICK HERE to DONATE.